What is The Best Web Host to Use?
The ‘Best’ hosting services are the ones that lie in the narrow intersection of ‘Best’ and ‘Affordable’ hosting. If you’re looking for the best hosting service, you have to ask yourself: what does that mean?
Whatever is ‘Best’ will largely depend on your taste. I would argue that the ‘best’ hosting packages are the ones that offer the most features for little extra cost.
Some hosting companies include a bunch of different features, but charge so much for their hosting. Other companies do not charge very much, but do not include as many features and/or they must be purchased separately.
There are very few hosting companies that will provide many (good quality) services for comparatively less money. You must assess what value these features have for your website:
- Hosting packages that advertise “Unlimited” bandwidth and disk space, for example, are a con; there’s no such thing as ‘unlimited’ anything in hosting and this is a false-benefit.
- ‘Unlimited’ bandwidth actually means an ‘unspecified’ bandwidth limit; when your hosting provider thinks you’ve had enough, then that’s it for you.
- Other services, such as security protection, emails, SSL Certificates, migration, or multiple websites, will benefit different people to varying degrees. The more the merrier, but know what ones are actually useful; some companies offer multiple services that actually serve the same purpose.
- Customer support should always be a key factor in choosing your host. If they are locally-sourced, that is a huge plus and the more methods you have for getting in touch with them, the better.
- Always weigh up the number of features that a hosting company provides versus the cost. For an example of over-priced hosting, look no farther than WP Engine, Liquid Web, and Bluehost. These three of far too expensive for what they offer.
- Conversely, the likes of GoDaddy, HostGator, and Pagely offer lower-cost hosting but their services are poor and their features are lacking. Even basic services like security must be purchased separately and customer support is notoriously bad.
Always double-check with customer reviews because they will let you know of any persistent issues within a company.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We are independently owned and we have spent time and effort doing our best to offer you the most relevant and accurate information. All the "customer reviews" are posted by real webmasters (hosting customers) and we're not responsable for their opinions. Purchasing any service from the hosting companies listed on our site is your solely decision.
|Stats Panel||Last 24h||Last Month||Total|